Kukke-Stage-1 is envisaged across the west flowing River "Kumaradhara"
This River originates at an elevation of about 1500 m above MSL near a mountain called Kidiyamutu Betta,
Pushpagiri Hills near Surlabi in Madikeri Taluk of Kodagu District in Karnataka State and flows towards North,
North-West, and west before joining the River Netravathi near Uppinangadi. The river rushes through steep slopes in
its initial / middle reaches with a series of rapids and drops of moderate heights. The river drops from EL 1500 m to
about 74 m in its course of about 64 km up to the Kukke-Stage-1 site.
The Scheme envisages construction of a Power House with an installed capacity of 24.00 MW
- The main components of Kukke-Stage-1 as planned are
- Barrage across River Kumaradhara
- Power House to house 8 generating units of 3.0 MW each
- Tailrace Pool and Open Tail Race Channel
- An Outdoor yard (ODY) of size 67.0 m x 94.0 m